Home / Dessert
Chilli Chocolate Truffles
- 90g sugar
- ½ cup (60 g or 125 ml) toasted pecan nuts
- 350g NESTLÉ ALBANY DARK CHOCOLATE
- ¼ cup (60 ml) butter
- ½ cup (125 ml) NESTLÉ Dessert & Cooking Cream
- 2-3 tsp (10-15 ml) MAGGI CHILLI SAUCE
- 150g Madeira cake crumbs
- NESTLÉ COCOA POWDER
- Place 90g sugar in a heavy frying pan and slowly allow it to caramelise.
- Warning: Be very careful at this stage, as melted sugar can cause serious burns.
- Quickly stir in ½ cup (60g or 125 ml) toasted pecan nuts and pour onto a greased and oiled baking tray.
- Allow to cool, then process in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Melt 350g NESTLÉ ALBANY DARK CHOCOLATE with ¼ cup (60 ml) butter and ½ cup (125 ml) NESTLÉ Dessert & Cooking Cream and stir until smooth.
- Add 2-3 tsp (10-15 ml) MAGGI CHILLI SAUCE and 150g Madeira cake crumbs.
- Stir in the pecan praline and allow to set in the refrigerator.
- Roll into balls and coat with NESTLÉ COCOA POWDER.
- Store in the fridge.
- *These truffles make beautiful gifts. Pack in pretty boxes and remember to write storage instructions on the label.