Home / Dessert
Chocolate and Ricotta Ice Cream
- 250g fresh ricotta
- 2x380g tins NESTLÉ IDEAL EVAPORATED MILK
- 1 split vanilla pod
- 4 large egg yolks
- 150g sugar
- Chilled ricotta
- 80g NESTLÉ ALBANY ORIGINAL DARK CHOCOLATE
- Blend 250g fresh ricotta in a food processor until smooth and place in fridge to chill.
- In a large pot, bring 2x380g tins NESTLÉ IDEAL EVAPORATED MILK and 1 split vanilla pod to a simmer.
- Remove from the heat and leave to infuse for 10 mins.
- Scrape the seeds from the vanilla into the milk and discard the pod.
- Whisk 4 large egg yolks and 150g sugar in a mixing bowl until thick.
- Slowly whisk in the hot milk.
- Transfer the mixture to a clean pot and stir over low heat until it is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Strain into a bowl and refrigerate until cold.
- Thoroughly mix in the chilled ricotta and 80g NESTLÉ ALBANY ORIGINAL DARK CHOCOLATE, finely chopped.
- Freeze for about 4 hours.
- Remove from the fridge and stir to break the ice down, then return to the freezer.
- Continue freezing and stirring until the ice cream is smooth and creamy.
- Cover and freeze until ready to indulge.