Home / Dessert
Chocolate Caramel Cupcakes
- Chocolate Cupcakes
- 40g Nestle Cocoa Powder
- 75ml Warm Water
- 5ml Vanilla Essence
- 125g Flour
- 125g Light Brown Sugar
- 1g Salt
- 5g Baking Powder
- 65ml Oil
- 2 Medium eggs Separated
- Caramel Chocolate Frosting
- 125g Butter
- 250g Icing Sugar
- 30g Nestle Cocoa Powder
- 250g Nestle Caramel Treat
- Mix the warm water, Vanilla essence and cocoa powder together and put aside to cool.
- Sieve the dry ingredients together, add the oil and egg yolks and cocoa mixture and beat for 2 minutes till well incorporated
- Beat the egg whites to soft peak and fold them into the chocolate mixture.
- Pipe into cupcake liners and bake for 15 - 20 min at 180 degrees till a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool.
- For the frosting, soften the butter and add the cocoa.
- Cream together till well incorporated. Add the icing sugar and beat till nice and smooth.
- Separate the frosting into two bowls and add 200g of caramel to the one bowl with half the frosting and mix well.
- Using a split piping bag, pick your desired nozzle and fill one half with caramel frosting and the other half with your chocolate frosting.
- Pipe a swirl on top of the cupcakes and drizzle remaining caramel on top.