Home / Dessert
Chocolate Meringues with Raspberries and Nestlé Caramel Sauce
- 4 egg whites
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ½ cups (375 ml) castor sugar
- 1Tbsp (15 ml) NESTLÉ COCOA POWDER
- 1 tsp (5 ml) white vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) corn flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- Nestlé Caramel Sauce
- NESTLÉ Dessert & Cooking Cream
- Fresh raspberries
- Mint leaves
- Sugar crystals
- Preheat oven to 150˚C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Beat together 4 egg whites in a bowl with a pinch of salt until soft peaks form.
- Add 1 ½ cups (375 ml) castor sugar, 1 Tbsp (15 ml) at a time, whisking until thick and glossy.
- Fold in 1 Tbsp (15 ml) NESTLÉ COCOA POWDER, 1 tsp (5 ml) white vinegar, 1 tsp (5 ml) corn flour and 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract until well combined.
- Dollop 6 rounds of the mixture onto the lined tray.
- Using the back of the spoon, make a slight indent in the top of each meringue.
- Place in the oven and immediately reduce temperature to 120˚C.
- Bake for 45 mins then turn the oven off and leave the meringues in it to cool completely.
- To serve, top each meringue with lashings of NESTLÉ CARAMEL SAUCE and NESTLÉ Dessert & Cooking Cream and top with fresh raspberries.
- Garnish with mint leaves and sugar crystals.