Home / Dessert
- 4 egg yolks
- 75 g castor sugar
- 140 ml NESTLÉ Dessert & Cooking Cream
- 1 x 400 g defrosted puff pastry
- Icing sugar
- Whisk 4 egg yolks with 75 g castor sugar until pale.
- Once pale, gradually add 140 ml NESTLÉ Dessert & Cooking Cream until the two are well mixed together.
- In a small saucepan, bring mixture to a simmer, stirring continually.
- As mixture starts to thicken, remove from heat.
- Continue to stir until mixture begins to cool down.
- Preheat oven to 180˚C.
- Roll 1 x 400 g defrosted puff pastry out onto a cold flat surface that you have dusted with flour.
- Once rolled out, cut out 12 x 8-cm-wide rounds out (using a cutter or lid).
- Place puff pastry rounds into mini muffin tray cups using your thumbs to press down and around so that the pastry is firmly in the cup.
- Pour the cooled custard mix into each cup (fill to the top).
- Bake for 25 mins.
- Serve dusted with icing sugar.