Home / Dessert
Fruit Compote in Red Wine
- 3 cored, peeled, quartered apples
- 3 cored, peeled, quartered pears
- 150 g Maraschino cherries
- 250 g brown sugar
- ½ cup (125 ml) red wine
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) honey
- Pinch of cinnamon
- NESTLÉ Dessert & Cooking Cream
- Bring a medium sized pot of water to the boil.
- Once boiling, add 3 cored, peeled, quartered apples and 3 cored, peeled, quartered pears and blanch for +/- 3 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- Place the blanched fruit with 150 g Maraschino cherries in a non-stick saucepan and add 250 g brown sugar, ½ cup (125 ml) red wine, 1 Tbsp (15 ml) honey and a pinch of cinnamon...
- Bring to the boil and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Turn down the heat and simmer for 3 mins, until the compote has thickened slightly...
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Once the compote has cooled, serve with a generous amount of NESTLÉ Dessert & Cooking Cream.