- 150g Basmati Rice
- 3 x cans (380g) NESTLÉ IDEAL Unsweetened Evaporated Milk
- 1 can (290g) NESTLÉ Dessert & Cooking Cream
- 2 tsp ground cardamom (elachi powder)
- 3-4 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp rosewater
- To Serve: (Optional)
- coloured flaked or nibbed almonds
- pistachio nuts, chopped
- coconut shavings, toasted
- dried rose petals, crushed
- Wash the basmati rice, place in a bowl, cover with hot water and set aside to soak for 30 minutes.
- Drain the rice and place in a saucepan.
- Stir in the NESTLÉ IDEAL Evaporated Milk, NESTLÉ Cooking Cream, the cardamom.
- Add the sugar according to taste and gently bring to the boil, then simmer for 40-45 minutes, or until you get a rich, creamy texture.
- Add the rosewater and simmer for a further few minutes.
- Decorate top of dish with colourful toppings before serving.