Home / Dinner
Simple Bean and Meatball Soup
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) olive oil
- 400g lean beef sausages
- 2 x 400g chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup (250ml) hot chicken stock
- 1 cup (250ml) NESTLÉ IDEAL EVAPORATED MILK
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) sugar
- 1 x 400g can mixed beans, drained and rinsed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 40g Parmesan cheese, grated, to serve (optional)
- Fry the onion in the olive oil for 5 minutes until softened.
- Push the onion to one side of the pan.
- Snip the ends of the sausage casings and push the meat out of them.
- Roll the meat into small meatballs and add to the free space in the pan, cooking for 8 to 10 minutes until golden.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes, chicken stock, NESTLÉ IDEAL EVAPORATED MILK and sugar.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the mixed beans to the pan, season well and cook, uncovered over medium heat for a further 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan, if desired, to serve.