Home / Dinner
Spaghetti with Bacon, Peas and Spring Onion
- 200 g frozen peas
- Olive oil, Tbsp (15 ml)
- Clove of crushed garlic
- 250g streaky bacon
- 2-3 finely sliced spring onions
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) water
- Salt and pepper
- 1 can Dessert & Cooking Cream (290 g)
- 500 g spaghetti
- Bring a medium-sized pan of water to the boil. Add 200 g frozen peas and blanch for ± 3 min.
- Drain and set aside.
- Heat a small amount of olive oil, about a Tbsp (15 ml), in a large frying pan.
- Lightly sauté a clove of crushed garlic, then add 250 g thinly cut streaky bacon and 2-3 finely sliced spring onions.
- Once bacon is golden, add cooked peas and about 3 Tbsp (45 ml) water and simmer until water evaporates.
- Season with salt and pepper, add 1 can (290 g).
- Boil 500 g spaghetti with a drop of olive oil in salted water, until al dente.
- Drain spaghetti and toss well with the sauce.
- Serve with grated Parmesan, sea salt and ground black pepper.