Home / Dessert
- 100g Madeira cake
- ¼ cup (60 ml) red wine
- 1 packet of raspberry jelly
- 100g of seasonal stewed fruit and berries
- 2 cups (500 ml) NESTLÉ Dessert & Cooking Cream
- 1 split vanilla bean
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) castor sugar
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) cornflour
- 1 cup (250 ml) NESTLÉ IDEAL EVAPORATED MILK
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon
- Fresh raspberries
- Crumble 100g Madeira cake as a base in a large dessert bowl and sprinkle with ¼ cup (60 ml) red wine.
- Make 1 packet of raspberry jelly according to packet instructions and pour on the cake over the back of a spoon.
- Place in the fridge until the jelly has firmed but not yet set.
- Spread 100g of seasonal stewed fruit and berries over the jelly.
- The fruit and berries will sink into the jelly.
- Return to the fridge and allow to set.
- In a saucepan, bring 2 cups (500 ml) NESTLÉ Dessert & Cooking Cream, 1 split vanilla bean, the finely grated zest of 1 lemon and 2 Tbsp (30 ml) castor sugar to the boil. Reduce for 3 minutes.
- Mix 1 Tbsp (15 ml) cornflour with 1 cup (250 ml) NESTLÉ IDEAL EVAPORATED MILK, add to the boiling mixture and cook while stirring until almost set.
- Spoon onto the jelly mixture and allow to cool.
- Sprinkle with 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon and top with a handful of fresh raspberries and serve.