Home / Dessert
Urvashi’s Unbaked Cheesecake
- 180g Tennis biscuits
- 80g butter, melted
- 600g smooth cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (385g) NESTLÉ Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 can (290g) NESTLÉ Dessert & Cooking Cream
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 15ml finely grated lemon zest
- 80ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 30ml gelatine granules
- 50g strawberries, chopped
- 80ml chunky strawberry jam
- 45ml lemon juice
- To Serve:
- 125g fresh strawberries, sliced
- Line a 20cm loose-bottomed cake tin with baking paper.
- Place the biscuits into a mixing bowl and use a rolling pin to crush until crumbled.
- Alternatively crumb the mixture in a food processor.
- Add the melted butter and mix well.
- Press the mixture into the base of the prepared cake tin and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Place the cream cheese, NESTLÉ Sweetened Condensed Milk and NESTLÉ Cooking Cream into a mixing bowl and mix until smooth.
- Stir in the vanilla essence, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Melt the gelatine according to packet instructions and quickly stir into the creamy mixture.
- Pour the mixture over the biscuit base and place in the refrigerator to set for a few hours, or overnight.
- Place the strawberries, jam and lemon juice into a small pan and heat, until the jam has melted and the mixture is well combined.
- Spoon the strawberry jam mixture in a thin layer over the cheesecake and decorate the top of the cheesecake with fresh strawberries.